It’s the time of year when everyone comes together and puts their differences aside to celebrate. The best part about the holidays is spending time with friends and family enjoying each other’s company. Spending time with the people you love, while cooking, talking, exchanging gifts and eating good food are times worth sharing and remembering.
I love to cook and bake, especially around the holidays. I really love “all things kitchen!” This year Christmas came early for me, when I received a selection of Giada De Laurentiis for Target products.
The Giada De Laurentiis for Target collection offers specialty food items and quality manufactured cookware, bakeware and kitchen tools perfect for everyday cooking and entertaining at home. Whether you need an easy appetizer or to build a holiday meal, the Giada De Laurentiis for Target collection offers a wide variety of food and kitchen items to choose from.
If you watch the Foodnetork you’re probably already familiar with Giada De Laurentiis, but if not you can check her out on Giada at Home or Everyday Italian. I’m a huge fan and some of my best dishes have been inspired by her. When I received my package I started brainstorming meal ideas. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to try a new dish or go with a family favorite so I searched for a few ideas online. Since I was using the ceramic bakeware, I decide to give her Cheesy Baked Tortellini a try. The recipe looked like a great fit for our family since it didn’t have a lot of ingredients that my picky eater wouldn’t like. The only problem I was it was too much food for the 2-Quart Ceramic Oval Baker, so I ended up using my lasagna pan too, which is also by Giada De Laurentiis for Target cookware. The Tortellini was a hit with everyone and one of the simplest, tastiest dishes I’ve had in a while. I couldn’t believe I hadn’t tried this dish in the past.
I was really impressed with the quality of the products I received. Both the oval baker and lasagna pan bake evenly, are easy to handle, look great and are easy to clean unlike some of the other products I’ve tried. Another plus is that I can go from the oven to the table and retain heat so the food stays warm as I serve.
I also got a chance to try the Silicone Spoonula with Stainless Steel Handle, Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk and 3-Piece Plastic Bowl Set with Pour with this recipe. Again, I was impressed with the quality. I already own a great set of measuring bowls, but one thing I dislike is that they are too heavy. So getting them out of the cabinets can be a pain. I don’t have to worry about this with the 3-Piece Plastic Bowl Set I received. They are easy to carry, have a nonslip ring on the bottom and are dishwasher safe.
Like the Lasagna pan I already own, the new Giada De Laurentiis products will be getting a lot of use this holiday season and for many years to come. If you enjoy cooking then you are probably always on the lookout for new cookware and kitchen tools. Giada De Laurentiis for Target collection has something for the inner foodie in all of us.
Coffee lovers check out this Giada De Laurentiis recipe:
Spiced Coffee with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
Recipe Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• ¼ tsp ground allspice
• ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1 cup brewed Giada De Laurentiis for Target Giada Blend Coffee
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
1. In a small sauce pan combine the granulated sugar and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce heat to low.
2. Add allspice, cinnamon and ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
3. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
4. In a heat proof pitcher or measuring cup add the boiling water to the coffee /espresso. Divide it among four 6 to 8 oz cups.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of the spiced syrup to each cup and stir to combine.
6. Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
7. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream – dust with cinnamon and add cinnamon stick.
Yield: 4 servings/ 4 (6-8 oz) cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Here are some helpful entertaining tips from Giada De Laurentiis
• Plan ahead! Prepare most of your dishes ahead of time, rather than trying to cook everything at once. You’ll feel less stressed and will be able to enjoy the party. Giada recommends leaving only one item for last minute prep – this brings everyone into the kitchen and sets the tone for a cozy, comfortable evening.
• Don’t overdo your menu – keep it simple! As a general rule, Giada suggests offering four to five appetizers. During the holidays, choose foods that have vibrant colors for an added festive touch. Also select foods that are beautiful to serve and easy for guests to eat.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Giada De Laurentiis for Target and received product samples to facilitate my review.