Choices by Liz Schulte
The Abyss for Beginners
Baker here. I was asked to tell you fine humans how to survive a night hanging out in the Abyss (a paranormal world within your own world). Best way for me to do that is through a list of rules.
1. Don’t make eye contact. You may be the cat’s meow in your world, but here, you’re dinner. Don’t look anything directly in the eye unless you don’t want to live to see breakfast in the morning.
2. Be a honey badger. If you act like you don’t care and that three headed woman on the other side of the street eating a piece of garage is completely normal, then no one’s going to question that. If you are following people around asking for help, you might as well tattoo victim on your forehead.
3. Avoid anyone who clouds your mind (jinn, vampires, etc.). They are all predators, and they will never have your best interests at heart.
4. Loosen up and smile. Everyone here has feelings just like you. If you are friendly to them (and they aren’t the above mentioned people) most of them will be friendly back to you. Just don’t stare. It’s rude.
5. Mind your business. If the information isn’t volunteered it is almost always best to stay out of it. The last thing you need on a fun night out is to get involved and century old blood feud.
That’s all I have. Best of luck.
For a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card – enter the Choices Book Tour Giveaway.