Tens List – Favorite Books I Read Before I Was An Author by Vickie Hall

We all have a favorite book. Whether it’s a childhood favorite, something off a required reading list in school, or was given as a gift, it just really resonated with you. A book or in this case 10 that you’ve read so many times that you’ve lost track. These books stick with you, and every single time you read them you find something new. Whatever the reason you love these books, and you read them over and over again. Check out Vickie Hall’s tens list favorite books I read before I was an author.

Tens List Favorite Books I Read Before I Was An Author

In no particular order.

1. Shogun by James Clavell
2. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
3. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
4. The Far Pavillions by M. M. Kaye
5. Schindler’s List by Thomas Keneally
6. Follow The River by James Alexander Thom
7. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
8. Roots by Alex Haley
9. The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields
10. I, Elizabeth by Rosalind Miles

Have you read any books on Vickie Hall’s tens list favorite books I read before I was an author?

Vickie is a native of Utah, but growing up, lived in the states of Colorado, Idaho, Montana, and Nebraska. When she’s not writing, she’s composing music, or shopping with her sister. She loves animals of all kinds and camping with her family. Her favorite pastime is watching old movies on TCM, and unashamedly has a crush on Cary Grant.

Connect with Vickie Hall on Website • Facebook • BlogGoodreads

Journey of Promise Author Vickie Hall Journey of Promise by Vickie Hall

When converts Richard and Leah Kenyon leave Wales and heed the call to Zion, they are unprepared for the toll exacted by the journey. To face the incredible odds mounted against them they call upon the Lord’s tender mercies to see them through and strengthen their love for one another. Their story will remind you where to turn during your trials.

This giveaway is no longer accepting entries. For a list of winners visit the winners page.

About Cuzinlogic

Cuzinlogic is a lifestyle blog full of things we love including family, recipes, books, and everything in between. We are firm believers in “sharing what you know” – so that’s why we love sharing tips, ideas and the latest and greatest products that make life easier amidst the craziness of everyday life.

Comments

1. Melissa Robles says:

The only book I’ve read and loved is Les Miserables but I’ve heard a lot about Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford and it’s currently on my tbr list ;)

2. I always love to see Les Miserables on a top ten list. <3

3. Ashley Suzanne says:

I have not read any of these books, but love the look of Les Miserables.

4. Dawna Newman says:

It’s been years but I read Shogun , it was one of my favorites years ago. might have to read it again. That and Roots.

5. Jaime Lester says:

I haven’t read a single one of these… But I have seen the movie of Schindler’s List. Does that count?

6. Sarah L says:

1,2,4,5,8,9 – I’ve read.
    My list would include:
    A Wrinkle in Time – L’Engle
    Anne McCaffrey’s Pern novels
    and most books by Jayne Ann Krentz
    Thanks for the contest.

7. I use to love Sweet Valley High book :)

8. Ratri Anugrah says:

LES MISERABLES!! That’s my favorite too :)

9. BookLady says:

I have read Shogun, The Far Pavillions, Les Miserables, and Roots from this Tens List.

10. Rita Wray says:

I haven’t read any of these books, I must look into them.

11. Sarah L says:

1,2,4,5,7,8,9 – ones I’ve read though only once each. A book I re-read is A Wrinkle in Time – L’Engle

12. Lily Kwan says:

Very interesting list! I’ll definitely check out these books.

13. Thomas Murphy says:

Great list! I like Follow The River

14. Sherry Compton says:

Very interesting! I’m a librarian, and books play an important part in our lives. I think it’s interesting to learn what she read before she was an author. I would like to know what she reads now.

15. Rebecca Parsons says:

I like 5, 6, 7, and 9. All good reads..

16. I did read Roots, and I also have many, many favorites that I keep, and re read when I want to go back and feel what I felt the first time I read them. I just finished re reading Fireproof Your Life, and have just started re reading The 10 People You Meet In Heaven.
    And of course, being a Grandma, and a in home childcare provider, I re read many books that the children love. It becomes so fun when they actually start telling me what is next, and word for word are able to quote many part of these books.

17. I like this list I don’t have a lot time to read with three toddlers. I will be taking her word for it and selecting one of these next.Thanks for the list.

18. I’ve read Roots, but I’d love to read The Good Earth as well.

19. No, I have not read any of these books, and I don’t plan too. Too boring reading for me.

20. I’ve read 5,7, and 8. If only I had time to read now! I would love to immerse myself in any good book right now.

21. I read The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck, very good. I love to read & this is a great list.

22. Christina Howell says:

I have only started reading Les Mes so I haven’t read hardly any on this list. They look like to be good books. Now that I am done with my college degree I actually have time on my hand to read. I will definitely check some of these out! Thanks for the list.

23. Lisa Jennings says:

I read The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck so long ago. Was just thinking about finding myself a copy and reading it again!

24. Ive heard about the Schindler’s List, but I havent ever read it. Wasnt it also made into a movie?!

25. I’ve read Roots by Alex Haley. As a matter of fact, I just bought a new copy. I loved this book.

26. judy gardner says:

i have read The Good Earth and really enjoyed it!

27. Caslynn Haas says:

I feel lame for saying this but I haven’t read a single book on her list, even Les Mis! I need to buckle down and finally read that book, and maybe some others on the list.

28. These are all great books, but none of them are on my top ten lists. My list begins with The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings (I have loved these books since high school 40 years ago).