This week we are focused on Bookish Goals for 2014. Even though most of you have been at it for two weeks now, we are just getting started. This year we are going to keep it simple. For every 1 book we buy, we must read 3 books from out TBR pile. This will help us trim down the mountain of books we have sitting in our office and living rooms. Since our goals aren’t earth-shattering or challenging we decided to ask Eve Hallows and the Book of Shivers author Robert Gray for his Ten Bookish Goals for 2014. Check out Robert Gray’s answers below.
Ten Bookish Goals for 2014
In no particular order.
1. Finish the last book in the Nightmare Series.
2. Read at least 50 books this year.
3. Listen to at least 15 audio books this year.
4. Start a new writing project completely different from what I’m working on now. I love Eve, but I’ve spent the last five or so years with her, and I’m a bit excited, and nervous, to move on.
5. Attend a few writing conferences or book fairs.
6. Continue to grow as a writer and challenge myself.
7. Keep a book journal. I used to have one, but for one reason or another I stopped writing in it.
8. Read at least one of those “classics” I’m embarrassed to say I’ve never read.
9. Change a young reader’s life in some small way, even if it’s only putting a smile on someone’s face on a gloomy day.
10. Have fun.
Do you share any bookish goals with author Robert Gray?
Robert Gray is a writer. If that job description doesn’t impress you, how about fantasy writer? Too general? Well, he doesn’t get insulted if you call him a horror writer. If horror’s not your thing, then scratch out horror and replace it with suspense. And for the kiddies, you can slap on a YA or MG in front of that title.
Gray lives in Bushkill, Pennsylvania with his wife and two children.
Eve Hallows and the Book of Shivers by Robert Gray
So far, Eve’s summer vacation has been uneventful, but when her grandparents—traveling all the way from the monster world known as Gravesville—appear at her doorstep, she learns that the URNS Director has gone missing. Worse, a new director, bent on destroying humans, has taken over URNS.
Eve and her family are no longer safe in the human world, and as they race to escape this new threat, Eve stumbles into a trap, which forces her back to Gravesville along with her family and friends. But once there, everything goes adorably wrong, and her best chance to get out of this mess is to seek out The Book of Shivers and the elusive author Sedrick Creach—the only creature who knows the secrets of the Nightmare Books. Unfortunately for Eve, searching for Sedrick and the next book in the series will reveal uncomfortable details about her own murky past.
Once again, Eve and her friends find themselves on an incredible adventure—one that involves underground battles with bloodthirsty creatures, a lightning-fueled train, and some unexpected new allies.
Hilarious and bone-chilling, this third book continues the story of an unlikely hero trying to save not one, but two worlds … This time around, though, Eve’s not sure she can even save herself.
Please know that if you make a purchase using a link on this page, I may earn a commission for it. Thank you.
Purchase Eve Hallows and the Book of Shivers at Amazon
Add to Goodreads
This giveaway is no longer accepting entries. For a list of winners visit the winners page.