Looking for a fun Valentine’s Day activity to do with your kids? This completely edible train of love is a tasty treat any kid would love to make or receive for Valentine’s Day. And even better, it requires no baking – just some building!
Kids enjoy assembling the train, but watch out they might eat the ingredients! The kids that helped make these loved to play with them as they ate them!
Train of Love for Valentine’s Day
What You’ll Need:
- Strawberry Wafers
- Life Savers Gummies Wild Berries (strawberry flavor)
- White or Strawberry Frosting
- Sweetheart Candies
- Glico Pocky Strawberry Sticks
1. Cut down a couple of wafers to the size of the “body” you desire. If the wafers are already the size you want them, do not cut them. (We used four wafers). Dab some frosting in between 1 wafer, and place another wafer on top. (The frosting will help them stick together). Repeat with the remaining wafers. Set aside or freeze for 10 minutes.
2. To make the “cab” of the train take 5 wafers and trim them down to the size you desire. (The cab should be a little shorter than the body of the train). Dab some frosting in between 4 of the 5 wafers to make them stick together. Set aside or freeze for 10 minutes.
3. To make the roof cut two wafers in half. Discard or eat 1 of the wafers. Dab some frosting in between 2 of the 3 wafers to make them stick together. Set aside or freeze for 10 minutes.
4. Break two Glico Pocky Strawberry Sticks so that they are long enough to have two lifesavers and the wafer in between. (This will be the axle and wheels). Cover the Glico Pocky Strawberry Sticks with frosting and attach the lifesavers onto both sides of each axle.
5. Place the “axles” between the two wafers (body) from step one.
6. Dab some frosting on the bottom of the cab and place on the body of the train.
7. Dab some frosting on the bottom of the roof and place on top of the cab of the train.
8. Dab some frosting on four Sweetheart Candies and attach them to the wheels. (This will be the hubcaps).
9. Break one Glico Pocky Strawberry Stick so that it is long enough to hold four lifesavers. Cover the Glico Pocky Strawberry Stick with frosting. Then run it through the lifesavers and attach to the cab of your train.
10. Add a heart onto the front of this, and to the sides of the cab for some more decoration.
Here is another version of the train of love:
Note: They do not stay together as easy as you would wish they would, but it is still a VERY fun activity!