Baking cookies is one of my favorite things to do, especially during the holiday season. And nothing taste better than fresh baked cookies, still warm from the oven. When I think of Christmas cookies the first to come to mind are peanut butter kiss cookies. They have been a favorite of mine for many years. So it’s only fitting that I kick off my holiday baking with a batch of these classic cookies.
Mmmm, look at all this peanut butter goodness:
These classic cookies would be a great treat for the holidays, a holiday cookie exchange or anytime you have a craving for peanut butter kiss cookies!
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
24 Hershey Kisses (unwrapped)
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Then set aside.
3. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy and smooth.
4. Add the peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract and beat well to combine.
6. Beat in the flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until just combined.
7. Roll the dough into 1 inch round balls and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
8. Gently make an indentation in the center of each cookie and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
9. Remove from the oven and immediately press a Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie.
10. Allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack, or if you are greedy like me let them cool for a minute and eat them warm.
These peanut butter kiss cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. But if your family is anything like mine, they probably won’t last that long.