Need a quick holiday party treat idea? Try these Snowflake Cupcakes! They are so cute and a cinch to make. You can use any cupcake flavor that you like, but I prefer a simple vanilla cupcake recipe. If you really want to speed things up you can use a box mix instead.
Also, we have included a printable snowflake template to help you make your snowflakes.
These cupcakes are perfect for winter. And, they would also work for a Frozen themed party for anytime of the year.
For the cupcakes:
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup whole milk, room temperature
For the icing:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners sugar
4 tablespoons milk
6 oz. of white chocolate chips
Blue food coloring or soft gel paste (affiliate link)
Optional: White Sugar Sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter. Add granulated sugar and mix on medium speed until smooth. Add milk, vanilla and eggs one at a time and mix on low speed.
4. Add flour mixture to dry ingredients, a little at a time, until batter is smooth and combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners, filling ⅔ of the way high. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick placed in center comes out clean.
6. Cool on rack before frosting.
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
2. Mix blue food coloring or 1 drop of soft gel paste into frosting until desired shade of blue is achieved and set aside.
3. Place snowflake template under parchment paper and tape to flat surface.
4. Melt white chocolate and place into piping bag using a small round frosting tip.
5. Fill in each snowflake stencil with the melted white chocolate.
6. Place snowflakes on parchment paper in refrigerator until hardened, about 30 minutes.
7. Frost the cupcakes.
8. Remove snowflakes from refrigerator and top with snowflake and white sugar sprinkles.
Snowflake Cupcakes Tips
- When mixing the food coloring or soft gel paste make sure you have plenty of light, so you can see the true color of the icing.
- The longer the icing sits, the stronger the color will be.
- Add less color at first so you can adjust it as needed.