Seems like everyone loves the rich, creamy taste of a Frappuccino, especially during the warm weather! S’mores seem to be on the list of favorite desserts during the summer months, so what better way to indulge your taste buds than with the best of both worlds with these S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes. I bet you cannot have just one!
This S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes recipe will leave you wanting s’more and s’more. Whip up a batch to celebrate the end of summer by following the recipe below!
S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
4 egg whites, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened and room temperature
3/4 cup cake flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, cooled
1 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons coffee grounds
For the Frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened and room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
3 drops marshmallow extract
2 graham crackers, crushed
For the cupcakes:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl or stand mixer, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add 1/2 cup of sugar and continue to beat until the mixture forms peaks. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Alternating add the flour and milk, mix after each addition.
4. Add the vanilla, brewed coffee, almond extract and coffee grounds. Mix until combined.
5. Beat in the egg and sugar mixture until smooth.
6. Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners, filling only halfway to avoid spilling over the sides. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Remove cupcakes from oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
8. Frost each cupcake with frosting recipe below.
1. Place full-sized graham crackers into a large zip-top bag, remove the air, and smash with the back of a rolling pin. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. The mixture should sit up tall and have visible fluffy peaks. You’ve reached the right consistency when frosting can stand while forming stiff peaks.
3. Add the marshmallow extract. Mix until combined. Make sure that the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak. If not, mix in additional powdered sugar until it does.
4. Fill a pastry bag with a large tip with frosting and frost your cupcakes.
5. Drizzle the frosted cupcakes with chocolate sauce.
6. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the top of the frosted cupcake and enjoy.
S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes Tips
- Place graham cracker in your food processor to make fine crumbs.
- You can prepare cupcakes 1 day in advance as long as you don’t frost them. Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature and frost the day of serving.
- Cupcakes will stay fresh at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days. They will last for up to 1 week stored covered in the refrigerator.