The holiday season is in full swing and so are family traditions.
Are you excited about the New Year approaching very soon? I love when the New Year approaches, but it can be hard to know what traditions to do with my family. However, I want to embrace each moment of the New Year. Check out these family traditions that I plan on starting this year!
5 New Family Traditions to Start This Year
1. Movie night on New Year’s Eve – If you have kids in the house or even if you don’t, movie nights go over so well on New Year’s Eve! After NYE, I plan on having themed movie nights with my family at least once a month. Movie nights are special to me and a new family tradition of themed movie night gets me excited.
This New Year’s Eve we are kicking our family traditions off with a trip to see the new movie, SING© which open in theaters on December 21st.
2. Bake together – Do you love those baked goods around the holidays? Perhaps you want to know how to make some baked goods yourself. Now is a great time to get started. I’m about to share an awesome recipe with you guys at the end of this article!
3. Spend time talking together – It doesn’t take a bunch of money or fame to spend time with those you love. Make the effort to sit down and spend time talking together. This is especially a great idea if you will be around people you don’t normally see!
4. Make music together – Not everyone is a musical family, but this is a great tradition to start together. Even if you’re not great at music, you can sing songs together and have a great old time. Do you enjoy making music with your family? Make this a tradition this year with your family.
5. Game night – I think one of the simplest traditions you can make is to create a game night with your family. There are all sorts of games out there that you can play with your family!
Before you dig into these awesome traditions, make sure you shop at Target to grab your box of Honeycomb® Cereal! And don’t forget your Post Cereal Coupons. Plus, you’ll want to purchase participating Post Cereal Brands and enter the Movie Sing Sweepstakes for a chance to win the $100,000 grand prize plus the chance to instantly win lots of prizes including movie tickets, speakers and more.
Go see SING© in theatres this holiday season.
Honeycomb® Pie Crust
- 1 Container (7 ounces) Marshmallow Crème
- 3-4 Cups Honeycomb® Cereal
- Place 3 cups of Honeycomb® cereal in a large bowl.
- With your hands or a cup, crush up the cereal until no large pieces remain.
- Remove the lid of your marshmallow crème and place it in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Scoop heated marshmallow crème into the bowl of crushed Honeycombs®.
- Mix well. If too sticky, crush up the remaining cup of Honeycomb® cereal and add it to the mixture.
- Spray your pie pan with nonstick spray and pour mixture into pan. (You may have some leftover depending on the size of your pan).
- Press it down with your hands or a spoon until even on the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes.
- Remove and add your filling.
Honeycomb® Pie Crust Tips
- To make chocolate filling: Prepare instant chocolate pudding using only half the milk required according to instructions on the box. Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Then sprinkle it with powdered sugar before serving.
- Pie will last for 5-7 days covered in the refrigerator.
What new family traditions do you plan on starting this year?
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Honeycomb® Pie Crust. Check out all of my recipes for even more tastiness. If you make this recipe, make sure to share it with me on Facebook or Twitter.
“NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Promotion starts 11/1/16 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET and ends 3/31/2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules for instructions on how to enter, how to obtain codes without purchase, prize details, restrictions, odds of winning, etc. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor: Post Consumer Brands, LLC.”