Gosh, I love cookies, especially these brown butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Ever since I was a child I have enjoyed making cookies in the kitchen. Whether it was as a family or by myself, it is something I have enjoyed very much over the years. Now, I like to experiment a bit more and have moved away from the safety of plain old oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies. These days I’m loving Brown Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Winter is officially here, which means cookie season is in full swing. It doesn’t get any better than holiday cookies, but I also like to mix things up in my home by making classic cookies too.
You’ll love how easy these cookies are to make! Just follow these simple directions and let’s get to baking.
Brown Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the Muffins:
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 packs of maple & brown sugar instant oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a saute’ pan, melt butter over medium heat and wait until butter begins to brown. Be careful not to burn. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix and oatmeal until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and browned butter.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix together until dough is well combined.
- Place cookie dough in the refrigerator, covered for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop or roll the cookie dough into balls onto the prepared cookie sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the center still looks unset.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
Brown Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Tips
- Do not over bake them cookies! They should be slightly underbaked if you want soft and chewy cookies.
- Cookies will firm up once you take them out of the oven.
- Swap out the chocolate chips for 1 cup of raisins, or 1 cup of both.
I hope you enjoyed this Brown Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. Check out all of my recipes for even more tastiness. If you make this recipe, make sure to share it with me on Facebook or Twitter.