As you approach the new year, remember to fit healthy habits into your busy schedule.
Tis the season for New Year’s Resolutions and changing habits. If you are like me, you make these healthy habit goals every year and never stick to it. Well, this year is going to be different because these healthy habits are easy to achieve! Did you know it only takes 21-days to break a habit and thus 21-days to make a habit? Here are 4 healthy habits you can master in 21-days!
4 Healthy Habits to Start This Year
1. Exercise Once a Week – Exercising once a week doesn’t have to be anything spectacular. Take 1-day a week to go on a walk, ride a bike, head to the gym, or do a few laps up and down the stairs in your home. Start out with one day a week for 5-10 minutes and work your way up. This is one way you can make your healthy habit last all year long.
2. Drink More Water – Drinking more water can be a challenging one especially if your day is going, go, go all day long. Set an alarm on your phone for a certain time every day. When your alarm goes off, drink a glass of water. This will help you to drink more water and keep you healthy this year.
3. Get More Sleep – Many people don’t realize how sleep affects their overall health. For a healthy lifestyle, you need 6-9 hours of sleep a night. This doesn’t include the time you are laying there trying to fall asleep. To get more sleep this year, set a bed time that is 15-minutes before you normally go to bed. Once you can get to sleep 15-minutes earlier, move it to 30-minutes and follow the pattern until you are getting enough sleep each night.
4. Make Healthier Eating Choices – Most people give up on eating healthier because being healthy can get expensive. However, eating healthy has become easier than ever with Grocery Outlet Bargain Market! The Grocery Outlet is kind of like the TJ Maxx of grocery stores. Plus, they stock a good variety of natural and organic food and makes them affordable to you.
The best part of the Grocery Outlet is their NOSH department which stands for Natural, Organic, Specialty, Health! You never know quite what you are going to get, but you know you’re going to get an affordable option to healthier food. Here’s how it works:
- You visit Grocery Outlet and find your local outlet.
- Sign Up for Alerts. Subscribe to get coupon offers, WOW alerts featuring items with 50-70% off, hottest selling items, and store news and events.
- New first time subscribers get a coupon for $3 off your $25 or more purchase.
- As you get WOW alerts and head to the store, you’re getting a treasure hunt experience because you won’t believe the big-name products you can find at such a great price.
Lately, I’ve been a bit obsessed with smoothies and smoothie bowls. They are simple to make and are the perfect breakfast or snack anytime of the year.
If you’re focused on eating healthy for the new year, you may already have many of these ingredients on hand for my Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl. But if not, all of the items I used in my recipe below, can be found at the Grocery Outlet for a lot less than you would pay at other grocery stores.
Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl
- 2 Apples Peeled and Sliced
- Handful of Baby Spinach Leaves
- ½ Cup Whole Milk (Almond Milk for Dairy-Free)
- 2 Tablespoons Greek Apple Pie Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- Place all of your ingredients in a blender except half of one of the apples, 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds, and the oats.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl and garnish with small slices of apple, the oats, and your leftover chia seeds, if desired.
Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl Tips
- If you’re like me and want to ensure no chunks, place your solids in a food processor first.
- Add a trilogy mix of chia seeds, flax seeds, and hemp seeds for added nutrients, fiber, and protein.
- Best when fresh, however, leftovers can be kept in an airtight sealed container or jar in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
I hope you enjoyed this Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl recipe. Check out all of my recipes for even more tastiness. If you make this recipe, make sure to share it with me on Facebook or Twitter.