Do you want to know one of my favorite meals to make? It is Sheet Pan Dinners! This Lemon Herb Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner recipe is ready to eat in less than an hour, my family loves it. At the end of a long day, no one wants to spend hours in the kitchen. This is where my favorite recipe comes in, it’s simple, delicious,and satisfying.
If you’re like me, you meal plan to get the most out of your meals. Thankfully, this meal is perfect for meal planning. It doesn’t take a lot of ingredients to make either. Plus, who doesn’t love chicken?
If you have kids that are struggling with eating their dinner, I know they’ll gobble this right up.
You’ll love how easy this dinner is to make! Just follow these simple directions and let’s get cooking.
Lemon Herb Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 lb. of Bone-in Skin on Chicken Thighs
- 1 bunch (about 1 lb.) of fresh Asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium sized onion, thickly sliced
- 2 + 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (2 + 2) cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of Dried Mixed Herbs (1/2 teaspoon each of Dried Oregano, dried Basil, Dried Thyme and Dried Rosemary)
- Juice of 1 whole Lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of Italian flat leaf Parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F and generously grease a half sheet pan (18×13).
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced or grated, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Toss the washed and trimmed asparagus and the onion slices to the garlic oil, till all the spears are evenly coated in the season garlic oil. Spread it on the greased baking sheet.
- In the same bowl, add another tablespoon of oil, grated or finely minced garlic cloves, dried herbs, salt and pepper and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Toss the thigh pieces into the lemon-garlic herb marinade and keep it marinated for 15 minutes.
- Nestle the thigh pieces between the asparagus on the other end of the sheet pan. Pour any excess marinade over the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the juices run clean. Broil for 2 minutes to get a lovely char.
- Garnish with a handful of torn parsley and serve the chicken with roasted asparagus with a light salad or your favorite sides.
Lemon Herb Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe Tips
- For best results, chicken can be marinated in a plastic container or bag for several hours or overnight.
- If you like your chicken a bit more crisp, place the sheet under the broiler for a few minutes.
I hope you enjoyed this Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe. Check out all of my recipes for even more tastiness. If you make this recipe, make sure to share it with me on Facebook or Twitter.