Today we have a freakishly fantastic recipe for Red Velvet Bloody Knife Cupcakes. Making scary themed treats can make Halloween a little more fun for the kids and for adults. This is an easy and simple recipe and is really effective when completed. There are several parts to this recipe and you could use the base mixture for several different types of cupcakes. Be sure to buy some fun Halloween Cupcake Cases before you begin.
The Velvet texture and cream cheese topping are sure to be a winner this Halloween and these could be a big hit at your next Halloween party. Don’t they look deathly delicious?
An eye catching feature of any dessert table, these cupcakes taste sinfully good too. Now, who wants some bloody knife cupcakes?!
Bloody Knife Cupcakes
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, soft, plus 4 tbsp.
- ¼ cup softened shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Red Velvet extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Red gel food color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners and set aside.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt to a bowl. Mix with whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter, shortening and sugar until it is light and creamy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, red velvet extract, and red gel food coloring. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined. Now add the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter into the lined cupcake tins until 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from cupcake tin.
- Remove from cupcake tins and transfer to a wire rack until completely cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Cream the butter and cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Mix on low, slowly add powdered sugar until blended.
- Add vanilla and heavy whipping cream and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large frosting tip.
- Frost the cupcakes with a Angled Spatula. Stick the candy knife into the center of the cupcake.
Bloody Icing Ingredients
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 3/4 cup powder sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pastry brush
- Red Blood Gel
- Candy Knives
Bloody Icing Directions
- In a standing mixer, combine the egg white, cream of tarter, vanilla and powder sugar.
- Mix until white in color and stiff peaks, about 7 minutes
- Mix in red food coloring. Add a few drops at a time to get a deep shade of red, about 5 drops.
- If the icing is too thick add in 1 tsp of water
- Place the cupcakes into an area where you wont mind getting ‘blood’ on items. Dip the brush into the blood and shake the brush towards the cupcakes to for spattered blood effect.
- Let the cupcakes dry for 10 minutes before serving.
Red Velvet Bloody Knife Cupcakes Tips
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
What do you think? Do you like this idea? Would you change anything or can you think of any other fun ideas to top these delicious red velvet cupcakes?
I hope you enjoyed this Red Velvet Bloody Knife Cupcakes Recipe. Check out all of my recipes for even more tastiness. If you make this recipe, make sure to share it with me on Facebook or Twitter.