These Christmas Tree Brownies are super easy to make and decorate!
Who said you had to be a fantastic baker to make something special for Christmas? If you want to make something fun for your kids or a potluck, you’ll love these Christmas Tree Brownies. Not only are they super easy to make, but they turn out beautifully. Best of all, they taste amazing.
Even if you’re short on time, you can make this special treat. These Christmas Tree Brownies start with a brownie mix. Just prepare the brownies as directed and allow to cool. Once cool, cut the brownies into triangles and decorate. It’s really that simple.
This is a great recipe to make when your kids let you know they need a dessert for school at the last minute. You can whip these up and the kids can help decorate. It’s a great way to create lasting memories with your kids.
These would also make an excellent gift. Package them into a cute tin and you’ve got a great gift for your neighbors and coworkers.
If you have a lot of Christmas sprinkles in your stash, use them. This recipe is simply a guideline. You can use whatever you want to decorate them. You can also use a pretzel stick in place of the candy canes. In other words, feel free to make these your own.
Christmas Tree Brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted sweet cream butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Mini Candy Canes
- Nonpareils (Round Sprinkles)
- Star Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Stir together the butter, sugar, eggs one at a time, and vanilla into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely. Once cool, remove the brownies from the baking dish by grabbing the corners of the parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut out triangles from the brownies.
- Break the rounded end off of the candy cane and insert into the bottom of each triangle.
- Fill a piping bag or use a Ziploc bag with the end cut off to pipe green frosting onto the brownies.
- Add a star sprinkle to the top of each brownie.
- Sprinkle colorful nonpareils across the brownie.
- Serve and enjoy.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt(optional)
- Green gel food color
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if using a handheld electric mixer), beat the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Turn mixer to low speed and gradually add confectioners’ sugar. Add the vanilla, salt and 2 tablespoons of cream, and continue mixing on medium speed until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add more milk if you desire a thinner consistency, or add more confectioners’ sugar for a thicker consistency.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring until desired shade is reached and mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Set aside.
Christmas Tree Brownies Tips
- Store brownies in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- The frosting can be made can be made 1-2 days in advance, cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. When ready to use bring to room temperature and beat again before frosting.
I hope you enjoyed this Christmas Tree Brownies Recipe. Check out all of my recipes for even more tastiness. If you make this recipe, make sure to share it with me on Facebook or Twitter.