Chocolate, caramel and more chocolate! These Snickers Cupcakes combine the delicious taste of chocolate, the sweetness of caramel, peanut nougat, and roasted peanuts. They are topped with a rich caramel frosting. And drizzled on top with more caramel and topped with a Snickers bar, of course. Now doesn’t that scream decadent?!
These Snickers Cupcakes are a chocolate and caramel lovers dream!
For the cupcakes:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Caramel Sauce
- Caramel Sauce for drizzle
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 12 snack size Snicker candy bars cut in half
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a standard size cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Place the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium sized bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter with sugar until light and creamy. Add vanilla and one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl to be sure that all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients and milk into the creamed mixture in three, alternating additions. Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Divide the batter evenly among cupcake pan cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes in the cupcake pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and place on the wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter for 1 minute or until it is light and fluffy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until your frosting becomes thick.
- Add caramel sauce and beat until combined. Add the heavy whipping cream, a little at a time. Beat until it has all been incorporated and the frosting becomes creamy and is the desired consistency.
- Spoon the frosting into a pastry bag with a frosting tip and frost the cupcakes.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the frosted cupcake, sprinkle with chopped peanuts and top with half of a snack size Snickers candy bar.
Snickers Cupcakes Tips
- Take these cupcakes to the next level by adding half of a bite size snickers inside the cupcake batter before baking them.
- You can prepare cupcakes 1 day in advance as long as you don’t frost them. Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature and frost the day of serving.
- Cupcakes will stay fresh at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days. They will last for up to 1 week stored covered in the refrigerator.