Show Dad how much he’s loved with this homemade Football Father’s Day Card craft!
Father’s Day is just around the corner, and kids of all ages can make this homemade card easily! If you’ve got a sports fan in the family, then this is the perfect Father’s Day card. This simple craft using a recycled egg carton is a great way to let the football loving Dad in your life know that he’s loved and appreciated.
This easy DIY Father’s Day card will show Dad that he’s the MVD (Most Valuable Dad) of the year. After all, there’s no better way to celebrate than with a homemade card.
Football Father’s Day Card Craft for Kids
- Card stock or construction paper
- Empty recycled egg carton
- Brown paint
- White paint
- Paintbrushes: One regular sized and one smaller for details
- All purpose glue
- Glue Stick
- Printable Most Valuable Dad Football PDF Template
- Use the scissors to cut one section of the egg carton. Trim around the bottom so that the egg carton piece lays flat on the surface.
- Paint the entire egg carton piece brown. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Use scissors to cut two slits on each side of the carton piece. Squish together and glue together to form the shape of a football. You can also use tape to secure it together to form the football shape.
- Once the football shape is formed, use the small paintbrush and white paint to make the football details.
- Cut along the black border of the PDF template. Then cut the card stock to 5.5 inches by 8.5 inches, leaving enough space so that you have a border once printable is attached in the next step.
- Use the glue stick to adhere the Most Valuable Dad template to the cardstock. Attach the egg carton football to the card with a generous amount of all purpose glue. Allow the glue to dry completely.
- Sign your card and include a handwritten message for that extra special touch.
If you enjoyed this project be sure to check out these fun crafts for more simple craft ideas!