– When serving fresh fruit, brush a little lemon juice on sliced apples and pears to avoid browning.
– When measuring flour, spoon it into your measuring cu and level it of with the flat side of your knife.
– When a recipe calls for eggs. always use large size, unless otherwise noted.
– Always crack eggs into a small bowl before adding to other ingredients, to avoid any shell droppings.
– For great flavor and texture, always use butter if the recipe calls for it (margarine can contain a lot of water).
– Never substitute baking powder for baking soda and vice versa, although both help your batter rise they can give different results.
– Never Preheat a cookie sheet, hot cookie sheets may cause batter to spread.