This Lime Salt Body Scrub recipe is just what your skin needs! It’s great for exfoliating dry skin all year long. Not only does this DIY body scrub exfoliate your skin, but it moisturizes it too.
Lime Salt Body Scrub is so easy to make. It can be made in about 5 minutes. Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl, stir and scoop into a glass jar, decorate with twine or ribbon and you’re good to go! If you’re going to have some me time which I highly recommend, the combination of Lime and Coconut scream summer spa day all year long. Use it as a hand scrub, or in the shower or tub as a body scrub — just keep it away from your face.
Body Scrubs make a wonderful DIY gift! Once you whip up a batch of this easy to make DIY body scrub, I can almost guarantee that you will be making more to give as gifts. Everyone will love this great smelling scrub! So fresh and invigorating!
Lime Salt Body Scrub Recipe
1/2 cup Salt (you can use regular salt, sea salt, kosher salt, or leftover margarita salt)
1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
1-2 teaspoons white tequila (optional)
1 tablespoon Lime Juice
1 tablespoon Margarita sour mix (optional)
5-10 drops Lime Essential Oil
2-4 drops green food coloring
Zest of 1 Lime
1. In a large bowl, add the salt and then the melted coconut oil.
2. Mix together until a thick paste is formed.
3. One at a time, add the tequila, lime juice, margarita sour mix, lime essential oil, food coloring, and lime zest.
4. Stir until mixture is well blended and fluffy.
5. Store in an air-tight glass jar in the refrigerator or a cool area until ready to use.
Wet area to be scrubbed. Using a small spoon gather a generous amount of the scrub into your hands. Rub gently in a circular motion and rinse off with warm water. Pat skin to dry off with clean dry towel. Rinse the tub or shower well after use as the coconut oil may leave it slippery!
Body Scrub Tips
- Don’t use after shaving, as it might burn.
- Avoid the face.
- Avoid rubbing skin vigorously.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Body scrub will last for about 2-3 months.
Want more DIY scrubs? Check out our Easy 3-Ingredient Vanilla Chai Body Scrub!