Mexican Pizzas are the perfect dinner recipe for pizza night!
When I was in high school, I used to love going to Taco Bell after school with my friends. We ate there at least once a week. Our idea of a tasty after-school snack was nachos supreme, tacos, and Mexican Pizzas. Now that I’m an adult I make my own versions of these fast food classics. They taste so much better and are quick and easy to make.
Traditional Mexican Pizza is typically made using a crispy tortilla. But I prefer mine to have some chew when you bite into it. So I use pizza crust or thin crusted flatbread instead.
Skip the fast food and try this weeknight-friendly dinner recipe that the whole family will love! These pizzas would be the perfect appetizer for entertaining too. Prep the toppings and let everyone customize their own.
- 3 Mini 8 inch Pizza Crusts
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups homemade red enchilada sauce or store-bought enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Sour cream
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, shred the rotisserie chicken. Set aside.
3. Place pizza crusts onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread tops with a layer of refried beans, followed by a layer of enchilada sauce. Then divide the chicken evenly between the crusts. Top with onions, green pepper, and tomatoes.
4. Scatter over the corn and the black beans.
5. Sprinkle with an even layer of cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
8. Top with sour cream and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Slice and serve warm.
- Substitute pizza crusts for Naan Bread or flatbread.
- Omit the chicken for a meatless version.
- Customize toppings to suit your tastes. Olives, green onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, green chilies, and avocados are all great options.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes for a crispier crust.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.