Orange Mint Iced Tea is perfect for relaxing in the afternoon or evening.
Have you tried Orange Mint Iced Tea? Here is a tasty and delicious recipe which is sure to go down a treat. With a number of juices, honey and mint combined, this recipe has lots of hidden health benefits and tastes wonderful when ice cold.
I love making iced teas like this Refreshing Strawberry Iced Tea, especially during the summertime. They are super easy to make and always leave me refreshed.
This would be a perfect drink for a hot summer day and one the whole family will love. Why not make a pitcher of Orange Mint Iced Tea with the kids or to take on a picnic? It’s a quick, easy and simple recipe and is sure to be a winner.
Orange Mint Iced Tea
- 3 cups water
- 1 lemon tea bag
- 8 mint leaves, rinsed with cold water and shake to dry.
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 2 1/2 cups pulp free organic orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 5 cups cold water for the pitcher
- fresh mint for garnish
- orange slices for garnish
1. Fill a serving pitcher with 5 cups of cold water and refrigerate.
2. In a medium pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil, then down to a simmer. Remove from heat and turn off the burner. Add the tea bags to the pot. Cover and steep for 8-10 minutes or longer for a stronger mint taste.
3. Once the tea is finished steeping carefully remove tea bags and discard them. Add the honey and stir. Let cool completely.
4. Grab your pitcher with the cold water and add the lemon juice, orange juice, and the mint tea mixture. Stir well and taste.
5. If too strong, add more water to weaken brew.
6. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve, or serve immediately over ice and fresh orange slices.
7. Garnish with mint and orange slices.
Orange Mint Iced Tea Tips
- Do not press on tea bags.
- Be sure to let the tea cool before adding to pitcher.
- Use sweetener of choice instead of honey.
- Reserve some fresh orange slices for each glass of orange mint iced tea if desired.
- If you prefer to add ice to your pitcher, add it right before serving.