Our Patriotic Popcorn is a quick, easy and delicious treat. Summertime is here once again and that means the annual Fourth of July Celebrations are just around the corner. Friends and family will be gathering together to enjoy good food, refreshing drinks, special times, lots of laughs, great music and festive treats.
This Patriotic Popcorn will be the perfect addition to your 4th of July celebration! It’s a little sweet. It’s a little salty. And it’s deliciously addictive. Perfect for an after dinner snack while enjoying the fireworks show.
Red White and Blue Fourth of July Patriotic Popcorn
6 cups of popped popcorn
Almond Bark or White Chocolate
Red and Blue Food Coloring
Red, white and blue Sixlets
1. Pop popcorn according to package directions and set aside.
2. Melt the marshmallows and butter together. You will use 1 tablespoon of butter for each 1 cup of marshmallows you use. (this will vary depending on how much popcorn you make)
3. Once your marshmallow and butter mixture has melted, pour it over your popped popcorn and stir until popcorn is evenly coated.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour popcorn onto the baking sheet.
5. Add sprinkles and sixlets while your popcorn is still wet. Mix the candy and sprinkles into your popcorn.
6. Melt almond bark according to package directions or white chocolate on the stove on low heat.
7. Separate the almond bark or white chocolate into two bowls. Using the food coloring, add red to one bowl and blue to the other bow. Stir until combined.
8. Drizzle the melted almond bark or white chocolate over the popcorn. Coat the popcorn as evenly as possible and enjoy!
Red White and Blue Fourth of July Patriotic Popcorn Tips
- If the almond bark or white chocolate seizes up, add a tablespoon of vegetable shortening to thin it down.
- This popcorn tastes the best right after it is made.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
- This popcorn will last for up to 3 days stored in an airtight container.