Peach Lemonade is a lovely refreshing spin on one of my favorite drinks, classic lemonade. Trying to stay cool in this heat is almost impossible lately but if you’re going out in the yard to work or just sitting on the front porch to have a nice visit with family/friends, then a glass of this Sparkling Fresh Peach Lemonade Recipe is just what you need to cool off.
I love how this peach lemonade recipe is so quick and easy to make. And best of all there are NO powders or concentrates. Plus it doesn’t have to sit overnight, unless of course you want to sit it in the refrigerator to get it really cold before having a glass.
Sparkling Fresh Peach Lemonade
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice (6-7 lemons)
1 tablespoon lemon zest (only the yellow part)
3 cups fresh peaches, pitted and diced (6-8 peaches)
5-6 cups cold sparkling water
1. In a medium pot over medium-high heat combine peaches, 1 cup water, sugar and lemon zest, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Puree mixture in blender or food processor until smooth, about 1 minute. Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine sieve into a large pitcher. Add fresh lemon juice and stir.
3. Fill the pitcher with the cold sparkling water and stir to combine. Taste for desired sweetness. If necessary add more sugar and stir until well combined.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve or, pour over ice and serve immediately.
Sparkling Fresh Peach Lemonade Tips
- Use 2/3 cup raw honey instead of sugar.
- Use plain water instead of sparkling water.
- Instead of using a blender or food processor mash soft peaches with a potato masher or fork to break them up before straining through a sieve.
- Garnish with fresh peach slices and/or fresh lemon slices.