Many people in the southern part of the United States love to drink iced tea during the warm weather. I prefer mine flavored. One of my favorite flavored iced tea recipes is Strawberry Iced Tea. I often make this at home as it is less expensive than buying iced tea that is already made. I generally like to drink this as I am having my lunch or even while having a late afternoon snack. Try out my recipe for Strawberry Iced Tea and see if it will become one of your families favorites.
Strawberry Iced Tea
3 cups water
5 cups cold water
4 family size tea bags
1/3 cup sugar, or to taste
2 cups fresh Strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
1/4 cup lemon juice
Extra strawberries, for garnish
1. Fill a serving pitcher with 5 cups of cold water and refrigerate.
2. In a pot bring 3 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat, drop in tea bags, and steep for 10-15 minutes.
3. While the tea is steeping, puree the strawberries in a food processor or blender until almost liquid. Strain the strawberry puree through a cheesecloth or fine sieve to ensure seeds are removed and set aside.
5. Once the tea is finished steeping carefully remove tea bags and discard them. Add 1/3 cup of sugar and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Grab your pitcher with the cold water and add in your tea and stir well. Pour the strawberry puree into your tea and add the lemon juice. Stir well.
5. Taste for desired sweetness. If necessary add more sugar and stir until thoroughly mixed.
6. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve, or serve immediately over ice and/or fresh frozen strawberries.
Strawberry Iced Tea Tips
- Do not wash and prepare the strawberries until ready to use.
- Do not press on tea bags.
- Be sure to let the tea cool before adding to pitcher.
- Use raw honey instead of sugar.
- Reserve some hulled strawberries for the pitcher or each glass of strawberry iced tea if desired.
- If you prefer to add ice to your pitcher, add it to the pitcher before adding in cold water in step 4.
Do you have a favorite flavored iced tea? Tell us on Facebook or Twitter.