Summer is in full swing, and we are celebrating with a light cocktail that’s perfect for summertime sipping on the porch. This Strawberry Rhubarb Rum Cocktail is perfect for cooling off during the summer heat. It’s crisp, tart, light, and refreshing.
Have you tried strawberry and rhubarb together yet? It’s one of my favorite flavor combinations! I love strawberry rhubarb bars, strawberry rhubarb smoothies, strawberry rhubarb jam, and strawberry rhubarb cocktails.
The combination of strawberry and rhubarb can’t be beat when it comes to this Strawberry Rhubarb Rum Cocktail. Rhubarb’s tart flavor goes perfectly with the sweetness of fresh strawberries. It might surprise you how tasty this flavor combo is.
Strawberry Rhubarb Rum Cocktail
- 2 ounces rum
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 2 sliced strawberries
- 1 whole strawberry
- 3 to 4 pieces sliced rhubarb
1. Place the strawberries in a bowl and muddle. Using a muddler or a wooden spoon gently mash in the bottom of the bowl to release the juice and flavors.
2. Pour the strawberries and rhubarb slices into a glass.
3. Add the rum and ice into the glass.
4. Top with club soda and lightly stir.
5. Serve with the whole strawberry on the rim of the glass.
5. Sip and enjoy!
- Use frozen rhubarb if you cannot find fresh rhubarb.
- If your strawberries aren’t sweet enough and it’s too tart for your liking, you can add a bit of sugar.
- Customize this cocktail by adding more or less alcohol.
- Subsitute non flavored rum with coconut rum.
- Garnish with the strips of rhubarb stalk.
- Always drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.