Strawberry Iced Tea is the drink your summer needs!
Nothing says summer like ripe, juicy, sweet, fresh strawberries. Strawberries are nutrient-rich and packed with antioxidants like vitamin C. They have a number of health benefits. Are you a fan of strawberries? If so, you may just love this fantastic Strawberry Sweet Iced Tea recipe!
Ice cold and refreshing, this Strawberry Sweet Iced Tea is perfect for sipping at summer celebrations.
This Strawberry Sweet Tea is delicious and a quick and easy recipe to create. I’m sure you will love this drink as it is a delicious way to hydrate all summer long.
Let me know what you think? Have you tried this flavor before?
Strawberry Sweet Iced Tea
- 6 Black tea bags (regular size)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 3 cups of freshly sliced strawberries
- 5 cups cold water for the pitcher
- mint leaves for garnish
- strawberries for garnish
1. Fill a serving pitcher with 5 cups of cold water and refrigerate.
2. In a medium pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil, then down to a simmer. Add the sugar and honey, then stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and turn off the burner. Add the tea bags to the pot. Cover and steep for 10-15 minutes.
3. While the tea is steeping, place the sliced strawberries in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Strain the strawberry puree through a fine sieve into the serving pitcher filled with cold water.
5. Once the tea is finished steeping carefully remove tea bags and discard them. Pour it into the pitcher and stir until combined.
6. Taste for desired sweetness. If necessary add more sugar and stir until thoroughly mixed.
7. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
8. Serve over ice and garnish with strawberry and mint.
Strawberry Sweet Iced Tea Tips
- Do not wash and prepare the strawberries until ready to use.
- Do not press on tea bags.
- Be sure to let the tea cool before adding to pitcher.
- If you don’t mind seeds, you can add the unstrained strawberry pulp into the pitcher.
- Serve with ice cubes that have strawberries frozen inside.
- If you prefer to add ice to your pitcher, add it right before serving.